Saturday, February 6, 2010

John 8:21-30

This is another one of the passages where Jesus tells the Jews who he is. Jesus says that he is not from this world but sent from the Father to become the judge of the world. As usual, the Jews have no clue what Jesus is talking about (v. 27 "they did not understand that he was telling them about the Father"), but the interesting thing about this passage is that in verse 30, it says "Even as he spoke, many put their faith him".

I am like the Jews in that I don't fully take Jesus to heart. A lot of things are in my head. I know that faith in Jesus is the key to salvation, I know that my God is a great God who dearly loves me, and I know that he sent his only son to die for my sins, but that's it. I know it, but I don't believe it.

I want to be able to put my faith in Jesus like some of the Jews started doing in the passage. I want to trust that he'll take care of me and all my problems and truly understand what it means that my Heavenly Father loves me. It seems like that's the key. If we knowhow much God loves us, then everything just makes sense. This week, I'm going to bask in God's great love for us. I'm going to experience it and my faith will grow as a result of it.

Father, forgive me for being like the Jews. Even after everything that you have done for me, I still don't understand what it means that you love me. Have mercy on me, a sinner, and show your grace once more by allowing me to experience your love again. I ask these things in Jesus name, so that your name would be glorified through my absolute belief in your faithfulness and your unconditionally infinite love.

No comments:

Post a Comment